Welcome to our Weekly Newsletter Blog post about the Zimbra Community, in this section you will find news about new Zimlets, Hot Forums Topics, some Hot IRC discussions, and much more.
Expand your Zimbra Collaboration with this Zimlets
In our Zimlets Gallery we have some interesting Zimlets that are sure to improve your Zimbra experience, including these two Zimlets that will increase your Security:
Spam Assassin Phishing Alert
This zimlet checks for X-Spam-Status message header and alerts the user when certain tags are found
Help us improve!
Please help us and add more Spam Assassin tags to this Zimlet, just open a Github issue and copy SA message headers of Phishing mail.
Zimbra OpenPGP Zimlet
ATTENTION: LATEST VERSION ONLY WORKS FOR ZIMBRA 8.5 AND ABOVE, LATEST VERSION ONLY TESTED ON 8.6.0 Patch 2!!
If you are looking for a version that works with Zimbra 8.0 go here: https://github.com/barrydegraaff/pgp-zimlet/tree/1.1.5
Older versions of Zimbra are not supported by this Zimlet.
- Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APLFSEO7QXg
- User manual: http://barrydegraaff.github.io/help/
The Zimbra OpenPGP Zimlet project. Copyright (C) 2014-2015 Barry de Graaff
Visit the new Zimlets Gallery
Hot Topics in the Community Forums
- This topic is still hot and one of the most visited during this week, as many Customers are opening Support Cases about it – Windows 10 and Outlook 2013 32 bit using the Zimbra Connector doesn’t work, so please keep updated with the Community Thread – http://community.zimbra.com/collaboration/f/1891/p/1139945/1587059
- Zimbra 8.5.1 : Antispam seems to not be working, our Community user “mohaja” has problems after several migrations with the Anti-SPAM system, don’t miss his question/answer – https://community.zimbra.com/collaboration/f/1886/t/1140041
- Most visited – How to fix Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird error – ssl error weak server ephemeral dh key – https://community.zimbra.com//collaboration/f/1886/t/1139671
Visit the Community Forums
Community Blog posts around the world
Please note this section may include Blog posts to different languages content.
Do you have a Blog about Zimbra? Comment with your URL
Community IRC Chat
Join the IRC Chat with nearly 100 members:
- Or join #zimbra in freenode
Hot and updated Tech Center Articles
The Tech Center is alive, and a proof of it is the modifications in the articles, the new ones, etc. Here you can find a brief overview:
- Accessing Zimbra Collaboration Server with Thunderbird – Updated the entire article with new steps how to configure it properly using IMAP, and how to secure it, plus the Lightning for the Calendar.
- Autodiscover for Outlook, Exchange Activesync and Exchange Web Services – Updated this article with the necessary info about Autodiscover for Exchange Activesync and Exchange Web Services, both technologies available in Network Edition only.
- Zmstats – Updated this article about the Zmstats and how to present these stats into the real world. A good read to better understand the Zimbra Stats.
- Disabling the use of ephemeral DH keys in mailboxd – If you are still using Zimbra Collaboration 7.0.x and you use Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird, you need to tune your server to disable the insecure DH ciphers.
Next Zimbra Collaboration System Administration Training Courses
Don’t miss the chance to obtain your Zimbra Collaboration System Administration Certification. We have some courses this month and look forward to providing you with all the needed knowledge about Zimbra Collaboration.
|Ingram Micro Hong Kong||Hong Kong||Cantonese or English||August 26-28, 2015||Enroll Now|
I was wondering if Zimbra will be issuing an update for Zimbra Desktop for Windows 10? It’s the only software missing on my new computer. :)
Zimbra Desktop 7.2.7 works fine in Windows 10 and the latest Java Release you can find here the proper links, are you using Windows 10 64bits?:
I’ve tried in my Windows 10 Machine and it works without any issue.
Hi, Nicole, Jorge.
I do not think Win10 is the issue. Office365/13 has problems with Zimbra when using IMAP protocol. One of my clients filled up the whole phisical disk space while showing only 1GB of mailbox usage. The synchronization never completed and Outlook kept adding/deleting messages non-stop. I’m looking forward to see what zimbra made to avoid the issue, since this was/is a MS bug.
Thanks for the link–I discovered that it was the Java SE Runtime environment. I had updated Java, but not the same file as you linked to, and that was the key to it installing correctly. Thanks very much for your help!
I love using Zimbra and it has saved me a lot of time and helps my productivity greatly, thank you!