Hello Zimbra Customers, Partners, Colleagues & Friends,
We are happy to announce the release of Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.9 (a.k.a. “Curie”). Highlights of the release are included below, and for all release details, please visit the Release Notes.
New Features in 8.8.9
- Zimbra Docs: Users can now share and collaborate with documents, spread sheets and presentations, all realtime within Zimbra. This feature is in the Zimbra Briefcase, and it is an integration with LibreOffice.
- Automatic configuration for syncing iOS devices: Admins can set up automatic configuration of CalDAV, CardDav, IMAP and SMTP settings for iOS users.
- Mobile NG: The new Allow/Block/Quarantine (ABQ) feature provides granular access control for mobile devices. In this “preemptive” security feature, when a user first attempts a connection with the server from a mobile device, only devices on the “allow” list can sync. Devices listed as blocked or quarantined aren’t allowed to sync.
- HSM NG: Primary storage is now supported on 6 different storage options, including S3.
Beta Features in 8.8.9
- Forgot Password / Self-serve Account Recovery: Users can initiate a secure account recovery and temporarily log in using a system-generated access code.
- ZCO: ZCO users can now send “on-behalf-of” in Office365 with Zimbra Personas.
- Office365: Support for Microsoft’s subscription-based Office365 desktop Outlook installation.
Plus Incremental Improvements have been incorporated into 8.8.9 for …
- Backup NG
- Admin Console
- Zimbra Chat
- Zimbra Drive
- Zimbra Talk
Please stay tuned here on the Zimbra blog for more details. We will be posting in-depth information about the new features and how they work.
And, as always, please tell us what you think in the Zimbra forums or open a support ticket to report issues.
Your Zimbra Team
Comments are closed.