We have been working hard to deliver Patch 5 for the 8.6.0 release before the holidays. There are 32 bugs that are now resolved, including eight important Security bugs.
Download the Patch 5
Please do a full backup or snapshot before installing this Patch. You can download the patch and the md5 and the SHA 256 file here:
Please, read the Full Release Notes here.
All Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 sites are recommended to install this patch. Patch 5 is cumulative with Patch 1, 2, 3, and 4, so only Patch 5 is required in case that you didn’t installed the previous ones.
Information about security fixes, security response policy and vulnerability rating classification are listed below. See the Zimbra Security Response Policy and the Zimbra Vulnerability Rating Classification information below for details.
ZCS 8.6.0 Patch 5 includes the following security fixes.
|Bug||Rating||CVSS Base Score||CVE-Number|
|Bug 99236||Minor||4.3||CVE-2012-5881 CVE-2012-5882 CVE-2012-5883|
ZCS 8.6.0 Patch5 Bug Fixes
You might find useful the complete list of the fixed Bugs in this Patch 5 for Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0.
Bug Number and Description
|Admin – Console||
|Admin – Utilities|
|Calendar – Server|
|Calendar – Web Client||
|Contacts – Web Client||
|Install & Upgrade|
|Mail – Server||
|Mail – Web Client|
|Mobile – Zimbra Mobile Sync|
|Other – Web Client|
|Standard HTML Client||
Before Installing the Patch
Before installing the patch, consider the following:
- Zimbra Collaboration patches can be found at https://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-collaboration
- Patches are delivered as a TGZ file and are cumulative.
- A full backup should be performed before any patch is applied. There is no automated roll-backmechanism.
- Zimlet patches can include removing existing Zimlets and redeploying the patched Zimlet.
- Only files or Zimlets associated with installed packages will be installed from the patch.
- Switch to user zimbra before using ZCS CLI commands.
Read carefully the Release Notes, for this Patch 5.
Important! You cannot revert to the previous ZCS release after you upgrade to the patch.