Zimbra Desktop 7.2.7 is now available! Remember, it is a free application and is one of the best email clients to manage all of your email accounts. This release primarily addresses some important security issues and has fixed issues when syncing with Yahoo! accounts.
- Important security issues fixed.
- Yahoo mail sync issues resolved.
- Java is no longer bundled inside the Zimbra Desktop package for Windows and Linux. Zimbra Desktop now detects and uses the Java available on the user’s machine. As part of this development, a separate 64-bit Zimbra Desktop package is available for Windows.
- Zimbra no longer ships a copy of trusted CA certificates inside the application, instead it now relies on Java’s CA trust store for improved security.
- Mac installer signing issue fixed, which was causing Zimbra Desktop to appear from an “unidentified developer”.
- Yahoo mail sync issue fixed, which was broken after Yahoo discontinued their web service mail API. IMAP/SMTP is now used for Yahoo mail sync.
- Zimbra Desktop is updated with the latest timezone data.
Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 3
We are proud to announce the Patch 3 for Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 as well. This Patch fixes more than 12 bugs in the Web Client, special mention to the ability of paste images in the Web Client from the Clipboard, as many others.
Please do a full backup or snapshot before installing this Patch. You can download the patch and the md5 and the SHA 256 file here:
All Zimbra Collaboration 8.6.0 sites are recommended to install this patch. Patch 3 is cumulative with Patch 1 and 2, so only Patch 3 is required in case that you didn’t installed the previous ones.
We look forward to your feedback.