Many users run both Zimbra and Nextcloud services and for this reason Zimbra and Nextcloud are partnering up to bring users a better experience. Nextcloud and Zimbra share a common mission – providing the best digital collaboration tools, and keeping data private. That’s why it makes sense for Zimbra and Nextcloud to work together to provide users of both solutions an intuitive and integrated user experience.
We are pleased to announce a new and improved integration between Nextcloud and Zimbra! The integration features the following capabilities:
- Display Zimbra E-Mails and Events on the Nextcloud Dashboard
- Search your Zimbra E-Mails within Nextclouds unified search
- See and search for Zimbra contacts within Nextclouds contact search
- Create a Nextcloud Talk conversation directly from within a Zimbra Calendar invite, for more information see the Zimbra Nextcloud Talk blog post.
- This integration is supported on Zimbra 9 and above.
As a Nextcloud user, you can install the Zimbra integration to combine the benefits of both solutions. This way you have all the tools you need to stay productive and keep business communications connected.
Other great reasons to use the new integrations:
- Ensure full governance of all conversations using message audits, flexible retention policies, powerful engagement analytics and dashboards, and more
- Leverage more advanced user governance features, access levels, and role-based permissions
- Easily map even the most complex organizational structure into groups, teams, and discussions
We are proud of our mutual dedication regarding data privacy. Since both our companies got started, data security has been our top priority and we enable our users to achieve digital sovereignty. As we are both open-source companies, we enable you full access to our code bases. Now, you can be even more productive and achieve your goals with both Zimbra and Nextcloud.
Intrigued? The Zimbra gallery already features the Nextcloud Talk integration and the integration in the Nextcloud search and dashboard are available from our app store.
Is their a way to get a demo of this setup? I have a lot of ideas around possible use cases if it can do what I’m hoping…
Hello Joe, this can be set-up really easy from within Nextcloud, please give it a try!
having applied the Zimbra integration with Nextcloud. I keep getting an “invalid login/password” . when I try to connect to Zimbra from Nextcloud. I do have a Zimbra option in the Nextcloud menu bar, and the. Connected accounts have my server and login information included. However, I cannot get mails and events to connect to the zimbra server.
No Zimbra Accounts connected is the message in the Dashboard
Any help you could provide with resolving this would be very much appreciated
Please try the latest version of the Nextcloud app v1.0.3-2-nightly.
I still have the same problem as Ned(i always get invalid login/password ) and i can’t find solution.
NB : i have the latest version of nextcloud app v1.0.3-2-nightly
i still get the same error as Ned (invalid login/password) and i already use the Nextcloud app v1.0.2-2-nightly.
Any suggested solution ?
May be a problem of 2FA authentication? I have the same problem, but I use 2FA.
2FA is supported, more on that is in this blog: https://blog.zimbra.com/2022/11/did-you-know-how-to-use-zimbra-nextcloud-integration-with-2fa/
Could you let me know how I upgrade from version 1.0.3-2-nightly to 1.0.4 ?
You can download the tgz from https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/integration_zimbra and extract it to the apps folder in Nextcloud.