Hi Zimbra Customers, Partners & Friends,
How many times have you clicked Send on an email then thought, “Darn! I forgot to add the attachment!”? The Attachment Alert Zimlet warns you if you try to do it again! How? The Zimlet looks at the body of an email when you click Send. If it finds words like “attach”, “attachment” and “attached’, but there is no attachment, it pops up a reminder to upload the attachment. Cool!
For Non-Techies … To install the Attachment Alert Zimlet without developing the code, download a pre-built zip from the Github releases page and install it by running
zmzimletctl deploy zimbra-zimlet-attachment-alert.zip
For Techies … The Attachment Alert Zimlet listens for an event using zimletEventEmitter. Read on for the details …
Downloading and running the Attachment Alert Zimlet
Create a folder on your local computer to store the Attachment Alert Zimlet:
mkdir ~/zimbra_course_pt16 cd ~/zimbra_course_pt16 git clone https://github.com/Zimbra/zimbra-zimlet-attachment-alert cd zimbra-zimlet-attachment-alert npm install zimlet watch
The output of this command should be:
Compiled successfully! You can view the application in browser. Local: https://localhost:8081/index.js On Your Network: https://192.168.1.100:8081/index.js
Visit https://localhost:8081/index.js in your browser and accept the self-signed certificate. The index.js is a packed version of the
Attachment Alert Zimlet. More information about the zimlet command, npm and using SSL certificates is here https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-zimlet-guide.
Note: Have you used Zimlet Cli before? Make sure to update it using
sudo npm install -g @zimbra/zimlet-cli. You can check your version using
zimlet --version. You need version
12.8.0 of Zimlet Cli for this Zimlet to work.
Sideload the Attachment Alert Zimlet
- Log on to your Zimbra development server and make sure you are seeing the modern UI.
- Click the jigsaw puzzle icon.
- Click Zimlets Sideloader. If you don’t see the Zimlet Sideloader menu, run
apt/yum install zimbra-zimlet-sideloaderon your Zimbra server and enable the Sideloader Zimlet in your Class of Service.
- Write a new email with something like
Please see attached document for more information.Don’tt attach a file, and click Send. You will see the new Attachment Alert Zimlet in action!
Click for more information about …
- zimletEventEmitter events
- Visual Studio Code for the Attachment Alert Zimlet … helps you learn from the Zimlet
- The src/components/more/index.js file for the Zimlet with in-code comments that explain how it works
- Internationalization for the Zimlet – Supported languages are: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil) and Vietnamese.
Your Zimbra Team