A lot has happened at Zimbra since we announced the merger this summer, including closing the books on a successful first full quarter. But before I get into the main highlights, I would first like to start off by thanking our customers and partners for your incredible support during our integration journey.
Now, let’s take a look at Zimbra post-merger, including:
Timeline since acquisition announcement:
- July 2013 – Telligent and Zimbra announced that the two companies would be merging to form Zimbra, Inc., with a combined leadership team.
- September 2013 – The Big Social 2013, our annual user group conference, took place and we unveiled our integrated team, culture and vision for people-centered collaboration at the conference.
- October 2013 – We wrapped up our first full quarter as one company and also shared an overview of Zimbra Collaboration, our integrated email, calendaring, file sharing and collaboration solution.
- November 2013: We introduced highlights of the next release of Zimbra Community (formerly Telligent Community and Telligent Enterprise).
- Today – We are proud to report that we had strong business results for the first full quarter of our 2014 fiscal year ending on October 31, 2013. The solid results were driven by the company’s growing customer base, increased global footprint and expanded product offerings, which were made possible by the successful merging of Zimbra and Telligent.
Increased customer base:
Specifically during Q1 FY2014, Zimbra entered into new customer relationships with more than 200 organizations, including Bounty UK, Sahara India, Predator Nutrition, Newegg, among numerous others from the worlds of service providers, tech, education, finance, government and more. I would like to thank each new organization for your confidence in Zimbra and also reiterate our commitment to your success. In addition, I would also like to give a special thank you to all the customers who expanded their relationships with Zimbra last quarter.
Expanded global footprint:
Zimbra did more than 75% of its business outside of its home base of North America – winning new customers in more than 45 countries – and worked with over 100 channel partners on new customer wins. Customers are choosing Zimbra because our secure, private cloud solutions offer a compelling alternative to expensive, proprietary software, support open standards and increase operational efficiency.
As companies and partners look to our organization to help implement and optimize communities for customer support and employee engagement, and to expand on collaboration opportunities, we are accelerating new product development and channel partnerships. As a result, we plan to release updates to our community product in January 2014 and our collaboration product in late spring 2014. Stay tuned to the Zimbra Blog for updates.
- Existing customers Dell, Tyler Technologies and BeckAg were named Constellation Research SuperNova award finalists.
- We expanded our headquarters to Hall Office Park in Frisco, Texas and opened new offices in London, Tokyo, Singapore and San Mateo, California, with plans to open an additional office in Pune, India by end of Q2.
- We hired more than 30 new team members and will increase our headcount by more than 25% by the end of the calendar year.
- Zimbra’s Chief Financial Officer, Kristin Reichert, was selected as a finalist for the Dallas Business Journal CFO of the Year Award.
- Telligent (now Zimbra) was positioned in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace.”
Our 2014 fiscal year has gotten off to a great start, and we appreciate your help with making it a success! I look forward to what’s ahead, and I think I speak for my entire organization when I say that we look forward to continuing to help organizations of all sizes wanting to apply the value of collaborative work to their business.