Patch 2 has been issued for 8.8.8 GA release that includes fixes as listed in the release notes.
(For 8.8.8 Patch 2, you don’t need to download any patch builds. 8.8.8 Patch packages can be installed by using Linux package management commands. More info below…)
Fixed Issues (Bugzilla query)
|Encounter ZxChatRequest error after upgrade to Turing-8.8.8
|In ZCS 8.8.8, yum update replaces installed Zimbra-Talk with Zimbra Chat
|8.8.8_GA FOSS Installation | zimbra-network-modules-ng option is shown for FOSS installation
|Admin console shows chat service as “Stopped” and if admin starts the service chat become unusable
For 8.8.8 Patches, you don’t need to download any patch builds. 8.8.8 Patch packages can be installed by using Linux package management commands.
Please refer to the release notes for 8.8.8 Patch 2 installation on Redhat and Ubuntu platforms.
8.8.8 Patch 2 Change: Please Read!
8.8.8 Patch 2 (zimbra-patch) checks if your system is Network Edition, and if so, adds a new Network Edition-only package repository. As a result, after 8.8.8 Patch 2 installation is completed, Network Edition customers will need to run another package update/upgrade process to obtain the updated Network Edition-only packages available from the newly added package repository.
Note: This patch should be installed only on all mailbox nodes running in your environment.
Before installing the patch, consider the following:
- Patches are cumulative.
- BEFORE any patch is applied, a full backup should be performed. There is no automated roll-back.
- Zimlet patches can include removing existing Zimlets and redeploying the patched Zimlet.
- Only files or Zimlets associated with installed packages will be installed from the patch.
- Switch to user zimbra before using ZCS CLI commands.
- Important! You cannot revert to the previous ZCS release after you upgrade to the patch.
- Important Note for ZCS Setup with Local ZCS repository: Customers who have setup local ZCS repository should first update the local repository by following instructions in wiki.