Zimbra Collaboration uses logs to save a record of everything that occurs within the software. Having a scheduled review of the logs and understanding what is going on with your software is an important task for system administrators (sysadmins).
Zimbra knows many sysadmins use centralized log tools like Splunk, Logstash, Kibana, VMware Log Insight, etc. across their organization. We want to understand how you are using Zimbra Collaboration logs. In order to get a better understanding, we decided to have a contest and give a prize to the best Zimbra Collaboration centralized log infrastructure.
Zimbra is proud to introduce a new Zimbra Collaboration Contest.
Why are centralized logs important?
A controlled and centralized logs environment for Zimbra Collaboration makes any company more secure, creates a reliable environment, ensures administrators know what is happening inside the servers. Some additional benefits of centralized logs include:
- Easier debugging of problems, the logs are the first step
- Can more easily trace and source security incidents, improving remediation and incident response
- Find resource related issues, which could hamper product reliability
- historical data, i.e., old logs
The Open Source Prize
Every participant will receive a certificate, and select participants* could win a Zimbra gift package, with awesome Zimbra merchandise.
The main prize, given for the best environment**, consists of:
- A Raspberry Pi B+ Complete Starter Quick Start (All of you need to start build amazing things with a Raspberry Pi)
- A Rii Wireless Keyboard Mouse Touchpad
- A Raspberry Pi Cookbook by Simon Monk
- A Google Chromecast to stream all your multimedia content to your TV.
- A Chromecast User Guide Newbie to Expert
- Contest Start: February 5, 8:00 am CST
- Submission deadline: February 26, 11:59pm CST
- Winner announced: March 6, 12:00pm CST
* Limit units
** The environment will be selected by Zimbra