Appointment Summary Zimlet – Know what your Calendar looks like for the day

By | July 7, 2010

Every day, when you first login, this Zimlet scans your calendar and sends out a summary email about the current day’s events.

This Zimlet helps both frequent and lite calendaring users in different ways:

1. For power-users, this is like having a personal assistant; who summarizes appointments for the day, providing a concrete idea as to how many meetings you have.
2. For general-users, the Zimlet helps in reminding you that there is a meeting to prepare for (in case you’ve forgotten)

To make it easier to read, the appointments are sorted and divided along two simple categories:  Those that need your immediate attention (e.g confirmed or new events) and others that don’t (those you’ve marked tentative, free, out-of-office, or declined but not yet deleted).

Download:

Available in our Zimbra Gallery over here

Rate & Review:

After you have used the Appointment Summary Zimlet, please come-back to share what you thought of it at our Gallery.

PS: This is one of our favorite recent Zimlets within the Zimbra team, and we hope you enjoy it too!

Comments

• Excellent !

Commented on July 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM
  • great! thanks for share

Commented on July 21, 2010 at 7:35 AM
  • This is certainly a nice feature, but I would like to configure which calenders shall be considered for this summary.

Would it be possible to add such a feature either at the configuration page of each calendar or for that zimlet a defined config page with a list of calenders to select from.

Commented on July 29, 2010 at 6:44 AM
  • Good to know about Zimbra!!

Commented on August 19, 2010 at 3:54 AM
  • I am trying this out and the (otherwise useful) summary email is sent out after midday, which defeats its purpose.

My Zimbra host is based in the UK, so perhaps time-zones are a factor. How is the timing of the summary email determined? It doesn’t seem to be configurable anywhere.

Commented on October 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM
  • I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again so.

Commented on December 20, 2011 at 1:16 PM